Monday, September 17, 2007

Good Wood

Bob told me, "it's on."

and it is. It's after midnight. We're leaving tomorrow at 6:58 am. I need to pick up a toothbrush and underwear from the Willy Street Coop. We'll try to make it to Spring Green by tomorrow evening, to camp in the Tower Hill state park.

I won't be able to post for at least a few days. The shoulder of the roads await us. Highway 14 awaits us. Long stretches of aching joints await us. I'll sing songs and bug Bob about his lapsed Catholicism and tell him why Judaism is a perfect cultural system. We'll comment on the trees and how I don't know the difference between a conifer and deciduous. My pate will be authoritative. I will think about bandanas and the E. Street band and how the Lady is doing back east. Bob will tell me all about Japan and Idaho.

And once I find a walking stick made from good cherry wood, everything will be alright.

Christian

No comments: