Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Hard Rain


Bob is still sleeping. It's time to leave. I just checked on the Bruce Springsteen tickets I'm selling on Ebay. 8 bids. 142 dollars for 2 tickets, with 2 hours remaining on the bid. Too bad the minimum I'll accept is 1,000 dollars. Maybe I'll change that. Thing is, the concert isn't until October 18th. Maybe I'll wait.

None of this matters, though. I had a biblical vision, like St. John and the book of Revelations. The end times came. It was horrifying. Sickness, disease, infertility swept the land in the wake of unimaginable atrocities. My reproductive capacity was ruined by radiation. Only my friend "B." and his wife could have children, which was incredibly ironic since he survived chemotherapy and doctors said he was infertile. But his faith in God was strong, unlike mine. As I awoke I was surprised how bad I felt as I considered the implications of this apocalyptic future. And the past. Perhaps I should have settled down by now. What I have done? or not done?

Anyway, I'm thinking of finding the first sperm bank along the way to donate my sperm, just to cover my bets. Perhaps look into a sperm storage devices or maybe a spouse. When Bob wakes up we'll toss the idea around.

No comments: